Unsere Corona / COVID-19 Massnahmen und Bedingungen
Wir bitten um Ihr Verständnis dafür, dass wir diese Seite nur auf Englisch und Holländisch zur Verfügung haben. Falls dies für Sie ein Problem sein sollte, rufen Sie uns bitte an oder senden Sie uns eine E-Mail. Ganz unten auf dieser Seite finden Sie dazu die Schnelltasten.
We’re open, but different than before!
Yes, you can rent a Boaty again! We follow the RIVM guidelines to prevent contamination and the spread of the Coronavirus. That’s why we have adjusted our operation and our conditions.
Please read carefully below. You can come and rent a boat with us only if you abide by our conditions.
Avoid direct contact and keep a distance of 1.5 metres
We have adapted our operation to avoid direct contact and to keep 1.5 metres distance. This means that our service is a little stricter and less personal than you are used to. We trust that:
* you and your party also adhere to 1.5 metres;
* you understand that some things may take a little longer than usual;
* you follow the instructions of our staff.
The 1.5 metres principle applies everywhere:
* to the other guests who rent a boat from us.
* at check-in, on the quayside and during the instructions by our employees;
* on the water with other people and boats.
Maximum number of people
The maximum allowed group size depends on the composition of your party:
* Is it just your family or your household? And can you demonstrate that if you are checked? Then you are allowed on a boat with a maximum of 5 people. So partners, grandparents and kids can be on the same boat if they live on the same home address. PAY ATTENTION: by the definition of the municipality student housing and residential groups are NOT one household.
* In all other cases, a maximum of 2 people per boat is allowed and you must also keep a distance of 1.5 metres on the boat..
High fines for violation
The water police and the municipality enforce the rules concerning the number of persons on board and the distance to other persons and boats. If you don’t follow the rules, you can be fined € 390 per person. And as a company we can get an even bigger fine. If that’s because you broke the rules, we will hold you reponsible for that fine too.
Such fines are a reality, also on the Amsterdam canals! So be warned and don’t let any more people hop on during your trip.
Not feeling well? Cancel your boat rental and get a full refund.
We trust that you will only rent a boat if your entire group feels 100% healthy. Stay at home if you or someone else in your group, household or family has a cold, sore throat, cough, sneeze, fever, muscle aches, loss of smell or taste, or other symptoms that could indicate Corona / COVID-19. Then call us to cancel your boat rental. You can pick a new date. Or if you prefer, you will receive a full refund immediately.
Do not rent a boat if you or someone else in your party belongs to a risk group.
According to the RIVM, people over 70 and people with frail health belong to the risk group. Does that apply to you or someone else in your party? Please don’t come and sail with us at the moment, but postpone it until the situation has clearly improved.
City center canals are open again
The municipality has decided to reopen the city center canals. Also during the weekends the city center canal will remain open. That’s good news! You can pick one of our beautiful city center routes, or make your own route on the Amsterdam canals and the Amstel river.
Payment online and by card, no cash accepted
We no longer accept cash payments. If you pre-book online, payment is included in the proces. If you make a reservation by phone or come by spontaneously, we will complete the payment on the spot with our mobile ATM, preferable contactless.
We always clean our boats well for each new guest. Now we pay extra attention to the parts that you touch often: the throttle, the tiller and the map of the canals.
Cancelling your existing reservation
Do you already have a reservation with us? And is it not possible to make your trip, or not in the way you imagined? Please contact us, preferably via firstname.lastname@example.org. Then we will gladly convert the rental payment into a credit for another time. Or if you prefer, you will receive a full refund immediately.
In doubt about making a new reservation?
Would you like to make a new reservation, but are you not sure whether that is a good idea? For the time being, we assume that the rules apply as described above. If government policy changes, we’ll adjust our rules. If that means that your trip cannot take place at all, or not in the way you had imagined when making your booking, we will refund the full rental amount. So don’t worry and book your boat now.
1) The national, regional and local governments regularly adjust their policy and the associated guidelines and measures. We follow the government policies and adjust our operation and conditions accordingly. This may mean that your trip cannot take place at all, or not in the way you imagined. In that case we will refund you.
2) Did you find any contradiction between the above and other information on our website or our general terms and conditions? In that case the information above applies.
3) We try hard to minimize the risk of contamination. However, renting a boat with us is always at your own risk. In the event you catch the virus as a result of your boat trip, we cannot be held liable in any case.